Membership of the Club is open to all
The annual subscription
rates for 2018 are:
- Ordinary (Full) Member £42 (Entry Fee £35)
- Member over age 65 £30 (Entry Fee £35)
- Life and Honorary Member £22
- Junior (aged 10 or over now and under 18 on 1 January of year of
application) £22 (No Entry Fee)
Subscriptions include all necessary affiliation fees (see below) and Golf Members' Insurance (click here to see the
include entry to Monthly Medal, and many other, competitions (36 for Men; 15 for Women) but
not green fees.
Requests for subscription renewals are issued with the papers for the Annual General Meeting. You can find a copy of the renewal form by clicking here.
There is an honours board listing Life Members of the Club. Click here to see more.
Membership gives you:
- New to Golf? Receive plenty of advice and help in gaining a recognised handicap. A must for those wishing to play on many other courses, especially abroad.
- Competitions Become eligible to play in competitions at this club and elsewhere.
- Insurance Your subscription also includes Golf Insurance:
- Financial help for the bar bill after that “Hole-in-one”.
- Financial assistance for injury or damage to property.
- This is also effective when playing
in competitions away from Beauchief.
- Affiliation Become affiliated to England Golf (the organisation
that now combines the English Golf Union and the English Women’s Golf
Association). You must remain a member of an affiliated club to maintain a
- Friends Meet many new friends.
- Social Life Social evenings: quiz nights, night golf, dances and much more.
- Early Booking Be able to book your tee-time ahead of the general public.
- Low Subscriptions See above.
Affiliation Fees in 2018 for Men:
- England Golf - £8.25 per member
- Yorkshire Union of Golf Clubs - £3.70 per member
- Sheffield Union of Golf Clubs - £1.30 per (adult) member (2018 awaited)
- Total - £13.25 per member
Affiliation Fees in 2018 for Women:
- England Golf - £8.25 per member
- LGU Section Levy NIL - no longer collected
- Sheffield & District Ladies - £35 per club (= about £0.35 per (adult) member)
- Yorkshire Ladies County Golf Association - £6.50 per (adult) member +
£10 per Club = £0.10 per member
- Total - £15.20 per member
Juniors £10.70 (subject to
To Apply for Membership:
- obtain an Application Form (see to right here)
- complete it and have it signed by a Proposer and Seconder, who must both be adult members of two years' standing
- send it, with your payment, to the Treasurer, Beauchief Golf Club, Abbey Lane, Sheffield S8 0DB
If you have difficulty finding sponsors, or have any questions about membership, please ask any member of the Management Committee - see Contact Us.
To obtain a Membership Application Form, either:
- ask at the Club House
- leave a message here (see Contact Us)
- select Membership
Form (pdf) from the Menu to save or print an Application Form.
Please don't use this form if you are renewing your membership.
- Applications are subject to the approval of the Management Committee which meets monthly. Once approved, details are displayed on the Club
Notice Board for two weeks before acceptance.
- This procedure can take up to six weeks depending on the date on which the application is received.
- All successful applicants will be invited to a New Members' (etiquette and induction) Meeting - normally held at
18:45 on the second Thursday of the month (for Men) or on a
Wednesday afternoon (for Ladies). Attendance is compulsory for members seeking their first handicap.
- Membership is approved for the current year and fees are due on 1 December but those applications accepted at the August (and later) meeting of the
Management Committee will carry forward their membership to the end of the following year.
- If you would like help in joining members for rounds of golf then please ask
when you come to the New Members Meeting or ask any member of the Management Committee - see Contact Us.
- Membership details are kept on computer and only used for Club purposes.