Beauchief Golf Club was founded in 1925 when the club took over the course as Abbeydale Golf Club moved to it's current location. You can see more about the history of the club by clicking History from the Club Menu here.
Information about the events and activities to celebrate the centenary will be shown here.
The first recorded date of any golf being played on the present site is 1897 when Abbeydale Golf Club constructed a nine hole course.
It was decided, in 1911, to extend to 18 holes. The full course was opened in October 1912 when Harry Vardon and James Braid were invited to an exhibition match with two local professionals, H E Dean (Abbeydale) and W Ferguson (Hallamshire)
Abbeydale Golf Club moved to its present site in 1925 and Beauchief became the property of Sheffield City Council.
A group of golfers met on 14th March 1925 and agreed to found Beauchief Golf Club. The first subscriptions were due on 1st April that year.
The present clubhouse was opened in 1936.