The Course
Golf began at Beauchief in 1897 when Abbeydale Golf Club constructed a nine hole course. A full 18 hole course was opened in October 1912. The course became the property of Sheffield City Council in 1925 when Abbeydale Golf Club moved to its present location.

Click the link below to see the history of the course.

The Club
A founder group of twenty golfers met on 14th March 1925 to consider the question of forming a club. As a result, the Club was established with the first subscriptions being due on 1st April 1925. The first Annual General Meeting was held on 26th February 1926.

Beauchief became a member of the Sheffield Union of Golf Clubs (SUGC) in June 1925. A separate Beauchief Thursday Golf Club was merged with the main club at an EGM on 19th September 1925.

Click the link below to see the history of the club.

The Officials and Captains
A list of all holders of these posts since 1925 shows how some have served long terms in key positions - click the link below.

The Professionals
There have been six occupants of the post of Golf Professional since 1925 - click the link below to see their details.

The current professonal, Wayne Yellott, also fills the same role at Tinsley Park Golf course. You can reach him using the details shown on the Contact Us page here.

Life Membership
Life Membership of the Club is a rare honour. It is granted only by a majority vote at a General Meeting to those who have given exceptional service to the Club. The list of Life Members is displayed in the clubhouse.